Sunday, November 19, 2006

Photographs

I am a photographer.

Well, at least im learning to become a photographer.



Images frozen in time forever immortalized. A recollection, a memmory, an idea. As mundane as everyday ordinary life or as grand and ambitious as any hollywood movie. Photographs have revolutionized the way we view life, the way we appreciate art. It documents historical moments or it can provoke your senses. Nothing is as fascinating and moving.

I loved looking at photographs and thought that someday, i will be able to capture anything that amuses and inspires me. Keep it with me and serve as my muse, and my jester whenever the need comes. I have wondered at mavelously composed photographs in fashion magazines. I worshiped exquisite portraits. I fell for intimate photos that reflects life as it happens. I wanted so badly to be a photographer. So badly, that i told the universe about it.

The universe answered. One day, i found myself attending a basic photography class somewhere in Makati, courtesy of the celestial being also known as my boss. He knew i wanted to learn photography, so in a snap, he paid for my classes. In 5 days, i learned the basics of digital photography. And so far, i have been applying what i learned from my teacher. He is one of the country's known lensmen. But my boss didnt like him because he looked like a troll.

The universe didn't stop answering my desires. My boss purchased a Canon D20 camera, to replace the irrepairable Nikon D70 the office had before. I was on the verge of something...finally i am becomming a photographer.

But not quite yet.

I still have much to learn, much to do, not to mention much to purchase! Lighting sets, bulbs, light meters, reflectors, more schooling and learning. I am once again shouting out to the universe...please let me be the photographer i want to be. I do hope that the universe will listen to me and answer me once again.

On my photo album, you'll find some of the photos i took...mostly of Makati buildings. I will be posting more photos over the course of time and, rest assured, i will not stop on taking just photos of inanimate objects. For I long to be involved in fashion and portrature...hopefully soon you'll see some of them here.

5 comments:

. said...

I remembered four years ago, you created a blog-thread in Pinoyexchange. Your name then was, uhm, Roadkill. Tagal na no. But would you believe that you're the reason why I put my "blog" post at Alien Nation? Anyway you cut your story short. Ewan ko kung ano nangyari sayo. Four years after, here you are again blogging. Sana naman indi ka na mawala ngayon. Should I tell the others of your presence?

Rico said...

Should you tell others of my presence...good question...i dont know...maybe not for now, ill try to select the people who can see what's really going on with my life

Unknown said...

hello to the both of u. congrats rico. sana tumagal ka. hehehe

ganda ng photos mo ha. saludo ako:)

Rico said...

Salamat thetripper

Susubukan kong tumagal ito bro! Saka abangan mo yung susunod kong pics - surely more to come...hope to see your pics too!

. said...

Sa pics pa lang, busog na ako. You should link up with Projectmanila.com blog. Friend ko yung may ari nun, and he is a PLU too.